I know we are more than halfway through 2018 already, but for those of you still wondering, here is a list of the public holidays for Rhineland Palatinate (or Rheinland Pfalz as it is in German) over the remainder of the year:
- Day of German Unity – Wednesday 3rd October 2018
- All Saints Day – Thursday 1st November 2018
- Christmas Day – Tuesday 25th December 2018
- 2nd Day of Christmas (St. Stephen’s Day / Boxing Day) – Wednesday 26th December 2018
- New Year – Tuesday 1st January 2019
It should be noted that in Germany, where a public holiday falls on a weekend no other day off is given lieu. We are lucky this year as they are all midweek.