For those of you who enjoy both cycling and wine, have you ever thought of combining the two?
The Mosellandtouristik website offers a vacation interesting named “From Winery to Winery”. As the name suggests, over the course of four days you cycle from Nittel to Hatzenport taking in stunning scenery and sampling delicious wine along the way.
The tour includes:
- accommodation in wineries situated in a different town or village each night;
- various wine tastings;
- a three-course meal on the first evening;
- a scenic boat tour from Beilstein to Cochem;
- entry to the Mosel Wine Museum;
- a bike trail map, although if you are following the river it is rather difficult to actually get lost!
Bicycles are not included but mountain bikes or touring bikes are available for an extra charge. Personally speaking, unless you intend going off-road, opt for a touring bike because they are much more comfortable on roads and cycleways. Luggage transfers are also available for those of you who cannot survive on anything other than the bare essentials.
For further details, prices and an enquiry form, please head over to https://www.mosellandtouristik.de/en/wine-cuisine/wine-travel/organised-wine-holidays/arrangement/von-winzerhof-zu-winzerhof-1/arrangement.html